Search & Book
Sights in Salzkammergut
Top Sightseeing Attractions in the Salzkammergut
Mountains and lakes are the top attractions and most beautiful natural spectacles of the Salzkammergut region. Breathtaking panoramic views, glistening lakes with water pure enough to drink, lookout platforms along with the "Imperial City" of Bad Ischl are all ideal destinations for daytrips and family outings. And if you are looking for the ideal daytrip, don't forget: the Salzkammergut couldn't be easier to reach from Hallein as well as the entire Tennengau region.
Sights & Excursion Destinations
Here you will find a selection of the top excursion destinations and sights in the nearby Salzkammergut region:
- Bad Ischl: In Bad Ischl, nicknamed the "Imperial City", many sights in addition to the Imperial Villa & Park remind us of days long ago.
- Hallstatt: This town is a World Cultural Heritage site, its idyllic lakeside setting and historical buildings inviting guests to amble through its streets.
- Wolfgangsee: The region's steepest steam-powered cog railway, which runs up the Schafberg, offers you some of the most scenic views to be found anywhere in the Salzkammergut.
- Gmunden: Romantic and vibrant alike, this region surrounding lake Traunsee has numerous sightseeing highlights in store.
- Gosausee: Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Dachstein as you take a pleasant stroll around this protected mountain lake.
- Obertraun: Highlights here are undoubtedly the many caves - the Giant Ice Cave, Mammoth Cave and Koppenbrüller Cave. The "5 Fingers Viewing Platform" greets you with amazing scenery.