Search & Book
Sightseeing in Berchtesgadener Land
A trip across Austria's border can be very rewarding. In neighboring Bavaria, for example, exciting excursion destinations are combined with the sincerity and authenticity of the Bavarians themselves. From Hallein, the easiest way to get to Berchtesgadener Land is by driving straight over the Dürrnberg.
- Rossfeld Scenic Road: This toll road, which is open year-round, can be reached from Hallein. On the highest scenic road in Germany, you will be able to enjoy breathtaking panoramic views.
- Kehlsteinhaus: Once gifted on behalf of Germany's National Socialist Party to Adolf Hitler, today it serves as a delightful mountain inn from which you can take in vistas that are simply glorious.
- Dokumentation Obersalzberg: The connection between the history of the Obersalzberg and the central manifestations of the National Socialist dictatorship are the focal points of the permanent and special exhibitions hosted here.
- Königssee Cruises: This emerald-green lake - the deepest in Bavaria - manages to captivate everyone. Enjoy the breathtaking nature amid Berchtesgaden National Park.
- Berchtesgaden National Park: Experience nature with every fiber of your being in Germany's only Alpine national park.
- Haus der Berge: The "gateway to Berchtesgaden National Park" invites visitors to discover the nature of the Berchtesgaden Land. Ideal before or after any visit to the national park.
- Berchtesgaden: The historical quarter, royal Schloss Berchtesgaden, the salt mine and the Watzmann spa resort are just some of the highlights for visitors.